Good, now that we have your attention let’s get real about the value of a pre purchase building and pest inspection.
We don’t want to waste your time pointing out what any good real estate agent worth their salt will tell you. It is so important to take this step in your purchase plan that it has now been made a standard clause in the current Real Institute of Queensland (REIQ) Contract for Houses and Residential Land. All you have to do is fill in the blanks.
What we would really like to talk about with you today is the importance of selecting the right inspector for the job.
Qualifications Required to become an Inspector
- To be approved to become an Inspector licensed under the Australia Standard Inspection of Buildings-Property Inspections-Residential Buildings requires that a person:
- Completes an approved course ;
- Holds a current builder low rise, builder medium or builder open licence or hold an accreditation in relation to surveying;
- AND, have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the scope of work.
This is just to inspect the building. To hold a pest and termite inspection license necessitates its own set of requirements.
It is not within our field of expertise to determine the value of a particular property. Rather, as knowledgeable inspectors with many years’ experience we are able to offer a precise report detailing issues regarding the repair and quality of workmanship of a particular property.
Whilst inspecting a property the considerations we make include the condition and assessment of the following:
- Site, including timber retaining walls, and fencing, et cetera;
- Building Exterior;
- Roof exterior;
- Roof space;
- Under floor space;
- Building Interior; and
- Any signs of pest infestation
No stone is left unturned as we are able to access a plethora of the latest technologies. By using such devices as thermal imaging cameras, we have every property covered. Nothing is left to chance.
Should we discover something that needs attention we are also able to offer a reliable appraisal of the cost involved to repair it, if this is possible. We will also recommend a replacement if we feel this is necessary.
So, if you are looking for a thorough building inspection then you really owe it to yourself to give us a call or contact us here at Brisbane Building and Pest Inspections.